"When Elizabeth stood, she saw Mrs. Long struggle to free herself as two female dreadfuls bit into her head, cracking her skull like a walnut, and sending a shower of dark blood spouting as high as the chandeliers. As guests fled in every direction, Mr. Bennet's voice cut through the commotion. "Girls! Pentagram of Death!""
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith
About the book:
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies features the original text of Jane Austen’s beloved novel with all-new scenes of bone-crunching zombie action. As our story opens, a mysterious plague has fallen upon the quiet English village of Meryton-and the dead are returning to life! Feisty heroine Elizabeth Bennet is determined to wipe out the zombie menace, but she’s soon distracted by the arrival of the haughty and arrogant Mr. Darcy. What ensues is a delightful comedy of manners with plenty of civilized sparring between the two young lovers-and even more violent sparring on the blood-soaked battlefield as Elizabeth wages war against hordes of flesh-eating undead. — From the publisher.
About the author:
Seth Grahame-Smith (born Seth Jared Greenberg; January 4, 1976) is an American best-selling author, screenwriter, and producer of film and television. He is best known as the author of The New York Times best-selling novels Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter; the latter of which has been adapted as a feature film. Grahame-Smith is also the co-creator, head writer and executive producer of The Hard Times of RJ Berger, a scripted television comedy appearing on MTV. — From Wikipedia.
Find a copy:
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is available at the Kuring-gai campus at 813.6 GRAP.
- A prequel, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dawn of the Dreadfuls, is available via Overdrive.
About Teaser Tuesdays:
Teaser Tuesday is a weekly book meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading! Everyone is welcome to play!
How it works:
1. Grab a book from your collection
2. Select 2 sentences that make an interesting teaser (avoid spoilers please!)
3. Post the sentences, along with author and book title in the comments of this post